Wednesday, July 26, 2017

July's Blocks Embroidered


I have been working on two versions of this quilt. An applique quilt and one done in embroidery. Doing one in embroidery has been a challenge for me since I am slow at stitching.  SLOW.... like a snail... turtle... sloth.

I do have to say my stitches are improving and I find embroidery to be relaxing and enjoyable. I had the pleasure of spending time with my family on vacation last week. Mom and I spent most afternoons sitting lakeside and stitching. It was so much fun to spend quality time with everyone. Mom is playing catch up on her Quilt Doodle BOM 2017. She's embroidering her designs. I oogled over her perfect stitches. Her stitches are so even... I'm trying to aspire to her perfect even stitches.


Now onto this months designs! I have two blocks for you to complete, my mom's green sewing machine and my Great grandparent's little house. Both of these designs will be put on the background white/cream fabric on point. 

Find the center of your 12 1/2" square...

On the pattern placement sheet I have marked the center with a little dot...
Mom traced her designs using a washable transfer marker and a light table. I also like to use this method too. But running out of time packing for vacation. I ran my designs thru the printer and printed my embroidery designs onto some Transfer Eze. (Transfer Eze is not paying me to say this) I just like using this product and for me, it was a huge time saver. 
I'm stitching away using a variegated #12 pearl cotton.
My stitches are improving... I'm pretty pleased.

Mom's Sewing Machine Block

Great Grandma and Grandpa's Little House Block
There is no right or wrong way to embroider these designs. Have fun with it if you are stitching them instead of doing applique. I have been adding lazy daisy flowers here and there to the designs. It's my own little inprov on the designs. I have been switching up my pearl cotton colors on each designs. But I think it would be adorable done all in one color. You could do red work if you would like and I think the finished results would be charming.

Patterns can be found on the Quilt Doodle website and on Craftsy (Not until the 1st of the month). Did you miss a pattern along the way? The past monthly patterns can be found in my Etsy and Craftsy shops for a small fee.
Fat Quarter bundles of 16 fat quarters are available in my Etsy store to get you started.
Tag me on Instagram with your photos #quiltdoodledesignsBOM2017 #quiltdoodledesigns @quiltdoodles
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's houses and sewing machines.

My favorite picture of grandma and I, taken in front of her flower garden.
Wow, this month is sure flying by. I hope that you have a week. I'm still washing laundry from vacation, it's time to run downstairs and start another load... then get back to stitching.

          Let’s have some quilty fun!
Cindy

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful that you and your mom are working on this together!

    ReplyDelete